Friday, July 22, 2011

Has anyone attended University of Nevada, Las Vegas?


Has anyone attended University of Nevada, Las Vegas?
Has anyone gone to school at UNLV? If so, did you like or dislike it? Why?
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
this girl i used to work with said she was planning on going there for school in january. she said she LOVED it, but she'd only visited it once or twice.
2 :
I received my BA in Psychology from UNLV in May 2008, and am now working towards my PhD in Physics. I personally think it's a great school - in my years of studying there, I only met one professor who’s class I did not really enjoy, and it was mostly because it was an online class and he was very unfamiliar with computers. The professors are very nice, the counselors are generally willing to discuss your academic goals at a length, and they offer a huge variety of programs – you can pretty much study for anything at that school. There's also a great mixture of people at UNLV - it has fraternities and sororities, but it’s not dominated by the typical college-type culture. There are a lot of people seeking degrees who work full time and have kids – it makes for a really interesting classroom dynamic. I love the school and plan to finish my PhD there. My only complaint would be that the campus, in some areas, isn’t aesthetically pleasing, but the new buildings are very nice and the quality of the education is more important than the façade of the buildings. Good luck :) Hope this helps.