Monday, April 18, 2011

In Clark County, Las Vegas, Nevada, can I go to a high school I'm not zoned for?


In Clark County, Las Vegas, Nevada, can I go to a high school I'm not zoned for?
I'm zoned for Del Sol, but I want to go to Silverado.
Las Vegas - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No.
2 :
Your parent can request a guardian but the school district will NOT provide transportation
3 :
You can get a recommendation for a certain school, but it's so unlikely that anyone would actually care and let you into the school you want to go to. I really wanted to go to this school which is actually closer to my house than the school I got zoned for, but eventually, I just gave up trying to get in.
4 :
Yes, it is possible. Your parents/guardian can request for a zone variance under certain legit reasons. However, the district rarely approves zone variances unless it is necessary that the student must attend another school. Therefore, the chances of you attending another school just because you want to is very slim. http://azac.ccsd.net/bylaws%20&%207111/5112Regs.pdf