Tuesday, September 6, 2011

any opinion about John Robert Powers talent school?


any opinion about John Robert Powers talent school?
do you know some body with any experience with this school in las vegas nevada
Theater & Acting - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I took classes at JRP in Las Vegas before. I didn't have enough money to continue so after 2 years I stopped with JRP.
2 :
I was ion denver JRP. What ever you do not go here. It is a scam. They will take your money and not help with your career other than learning that there are scams out there
3 :
My two friends go there... I've heard rumors that it's a scam. They say they're not really sure, and they're being cautious just in case. But I'm not sure myself.
4 :
Do a google search. You should have no trouble arriving at the right conclusion.
5 :
JRP is a franchise. This means each company is individually owned, and has no oversight. Most are money-making scams. Oddly, the Better Business Bureau lists the Las Vegas JRP as being closed. If you do a BBB search for other states, you'll find myriad complaints--mostly for "failing to provide services as promised."
6 :
It's a Scam! Sorry!
7 :
check them out with your local Better Business Bureau and also at www.ripoffreport.com. some are decent but most aren't I do know from talking to talent agents that having JRP on your resume is NOT a particularly good thing. Many agents think that JRP is a joke. It used to be respected in the industry but now it mostly relies on past glories. Yes, there have been some well known people who have attended their schools in the last decade but if you'll notice these people never thank JRP for helping them get their start in acting. that alone speaks volumes.